About Cheryl Maeder
Cheryl Maeder was born in Elmwood Park, New Jersey and in her early 20s moved to Zurich, Switzerland, where she studied photography at the Zurich University of the Arts. After eight years in Switzerland, Maeder returned to United States and opened her successful photography studio in San Francisco, where she photographed international advertising and fashion campaigns. Cheryl Maeder transitioned from photographing fashion models to photographing real women. She wanted to celebrate the beauty of women in all shapes and sizes. Her photography work became the inspiration for the global Dove Campaign on Real Women, Real Beauty which transformed the way women are perceived in the media. In 2005, she relocated her studio to the Miami area and deeply immersed herself into fine art photography and filmmaking. Maeder’s explorations with her camera uncovered her passion for Abstractionism and Impressionism in both her photography and her video installations. “Each of Maeder’s images elegantly transform into paintings. Through her work, we are introduced to an avant-garde method of painting through photographs.” Sebastian Perez, NSU Art Museum, Fort Lauderdale
• Permanent Collection Frost Museum, Miami & Coral Springs Museum of Art
• Exhibition at The Louvre Museum, Paris
• Solo Exhibition Miami International Airport Sept. 2016
• Selected by Art Miami/Art Southampton to represent Art Southampton 2015 Worldwide Media Campaign
• Public Art Installation Celestial Babies for City of West Palm Beach
• Auctioned at Sothebys New York
• Exhibited at major art fairs worldwide including Art Miami, Scope NY, Art Toronto, Art London and Art Shanghai
• Video Installation, Submerge, Canvas Outdoor Museum, Public Art Installation, City of West Palm Beach.
• Video Installation, Play, Best of Show, Palm Beach Cultural Council Biennial 2015, Juror Elisabeth Sobieski, Art Critic, Huffington Post
• Work featured in Hospitality Design, Architectural Digest, Coastal Living, Southern Living, InStyle and Elle Decor.
Featured as Style Maker Luxe Magazine